Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hump Day

I promise I won't use that title again for a long time...it's just, you know, the mid-week lull over here, so it seemed apropos. I am working on SMACK!'s first Brand Visit feature and also trying to get a product review in the queue.

How's 2014 treating you so far? Me, I'm pretty pumped with how things have started. January is shaping up to be a kick-ass month for the site, and I have all you readers to thank for it. So thank you! Keep reading, keep visiting, keep sharing. We're all better for it.

I picked up a pair of the BEST skinny cords the other day. On clearance, too! The fit is great, with just the right amount of stretch to move comfortably and not feel constricted. I love the color, too, a really great winter white...that is, until I realized that my teeth are pretty much the same color. What the wha??

Gross, right? I mean, I don't drink a ton of coffee or wine, and I have NEVER smoked, so why do my teeth look more yellow than white?

Something needs to be done about this, pronto. It seems like a really hazardous thing, to bleach one's teeth, so it was a really nice surprise to see Crest 3D White Whitestrips with a '2' rating over at the Skin Deep database.

In fact, EWG rates the ingredient hydrogen peroxide as a '5' -- so not totally benign but not completely toxic, either. I think it's a big reason why lighter shade hair colors (using hydrogen peroxide to process or bleach hair) have a lower rating than the darker shades that use other chemicals.

Other options for teeth whitening? The CVS 5 Minute Whitening Kit, as well as products from Go Smile and Dr. Collins' Bleaching System all scored low ratings too. I'm totally picking up some type of whitening thing the next time I'm at the store. I'd really like my pearly whites to be less pearly and more white, you know?

Yours,
Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!