Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday love

It's Friday, and I am in a GREAT mood...thanks to all of you awesome readers, January is on pace to blow Dec '13 out of the water. Wow. I mean, really, it's humbling and amazing and just all-around freaking sweet to see SMACK!'s readership grow. You guys are the best.

I have gotten the question as to why I don't advertise yet. It's an understandable question, since that's what 99.99999% of blogs do. It definitely lends a bit of street cred to have banner ads and the such all over your site, but it got me thinking about how Google, AdSense, et al make that work. I mean, the ads are supposed to based on content, and well, given the inconsistency of safe products in the industry, I figure it's only a matter of time until an ad pops up for a product that SMACK! has spotlighted for being full of toxic junk.

See the problem? Seriously, I would look like the biggest a$$hole. Or worse, the ads make it look like I'm playing favorites. For me, right now, I can't put the pennies I'd make on advertising ahead of the message of the site. In other words, I'm not doing this for the money.

Come back later today for SMACK's very first Brand Visit. Nivea wanted to own the New Year, so that's where we're going first. And you know what? If you don't want attention -- good and bad -- don't go around asking for it.

Happy Friday,
Jazzy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!