Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Because toxins don't discriminate

I came across a new (to me) blog last week, and wanted to share it. Organic Beauty Vixen is run by Sherrell Dorsey, who hails from Seattle to represent women of color in the fight to clean up cosmetics and personal products. I really love Sherrell's 'Blaq List' -- a really good rundown of chemicals to avoid in your daily beauty routine. 

Now I don't really know what the demographic breakdown of SMACK!'s readership is, nor do I need to, in order to recommend this blog. The point here is that we ALL need as much information as we can get to be smarter consumers (wasn't that one of our New Year's resolutions?). Do you think endocrine disruptors, formaldehyde releasers, hormone mimickers and the such care what we look like?

I for one have a lot of learn from women like Sherrell, and have added OBV to my reading list. Check it out for yourself and see what you think!

Yours,
Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!