Friday, August 30, 2013

Night Swimming

September's coming soon...

Sorry, this post is a little aimless. I actually don't like that song, or much from REM. Anyway, it's another long weekend. I'm sure many of you are celebrating marking back-to-school with this one last chance for another couple days of summer fun.

Me, I really need my nails done. I'm thinking better of it, despite those snaggle toes, after seeing this website, the National Healthy Nail and Beauty Salon Alliance. I found it through SafeMarkets.org. The website itself hasn't been updated since Summer '12, making me wonder if the Alliance is still active (though it must be if they are involved in the Workgroup for Safe Markets), but there are loads of links to loads of information about just how bad that French manicure is for you.

Jazzy, are you trying to ruin EVERYTHING? Believe me, it's as much a quagmire for me as it is for you. Regular pedis were a huge stress relief for me during chemo, and there is something so clean and neat about the look of fresh, glossy polish. I mean, you can't spit on Pinterest without hitting half a dozen pins for fun nail designs.

I don't know what the answers are here. Maybe, in the spirit of Labor Day, we agree to skip that next mani/pedi? If not for our own sakes, then for those of nail salon workers, who are exposed to who-knows-what everyday, all in the name of our own vanity.

I do know that this first summer here at SMACK! has been a great one, and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have! As always, have a safe, FUN weekend, and we'll see you on the other side!!

-- Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!