Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Corporate Giant Strikes Again

A petit conundrum. Other than not having a post ready yesterday, that is. So many sorries!!!!

You may recall my brush with Unilever over a certain dumb tea bag made out of PLASTIC (if not, you can get caught up here, here and here). At the heart of my complaint to them was a vow to not use like-branded products because of the blatant profits-first mentality.

Just when I thought the scuffle was over, when I was ready to move on (there are plenty of other fish to fry, after all), I got a coupon mailing from none other than my new friends at Unilever.

Huh. So curious that a complaint nearly always results in more of the same. Think our product/service is crappy? Here's a coupon for a free one. No! The objective here is LESS crappy, not more!

Anyway, I almost didn't look at the coupons. That's how determined I was to strike down anything they offered. But then...I did. And saw a coupon for a brand I use, never before realizing that this brand was owned by Big Corporate Giant :(

In the past I've used Simple's facial moisturizer and more recently became a fan of the eye makeup remover, which is super effective and rated only a 2 in the EWG Skin Deep database.

But now what do I do?

I know Simple doesn't have anything to do with Lipton, but at some point can we safely assume that the bad choices of one brand stretch across others in the family? Or do I chalk it up to 'nobody's perfect' and decide to save the larger battle for another day?

What to do! What to do!

Forever conflicted,
Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!