Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Egg on my face

Soooo...I'm an a$$hole. Sorry for that.

I messed up. Spent a lot of time, and words, praising a product that turns out to be not, quite, what I had thought it was.

A few months back I brought you along on the adventure of coloring my hair for the first time since its regrowth after finishing chemo. It was a celebration of sorts, marking the occasion that I once again had hair and finally had enough hair to require coloring.

I thought I'd done my research. Heavily proselytized my choice, Logona's Herbal Hair Color in the Tizian shade. Went through the process with readers, and then did it again a few weeks later after the initial application faded out. And again a few weeks ago.

Henna's some kind of time consuming. My most recent coloring took more than two and a half hours. I really liked the result, but I really didn't like being stuck in my house for such a chunk of the day (you know, in addition to being really cheap I'm also really impatient.). 

I decided to look into some alternatives, like Herbatint, or the Aveda salon near my house. But I never got that far. Skimming through the hair color products in the Skin Deep database, I was shocked to find my once beloved Logona product...with a 5 rating.

To be fair, there are 10 other Logona Herbal Hair Color shades that have a rating of 3 or under. And they are probably really great products. I know I loved using the Tizian shade. I loved how it smelled, I loved how it felt, and I loved how it looked.

It must have been love
But it's over now
It must have been good
But I lost it somehow

Sorry, my sleep has been crap the last few days and I'm a bit punchy from it. Back to the Logona, I just can't anymore. Now knowing that the fragrance and a few other ingredients more or less wipe out any benefit to using something plant-based and natural, I just can't. It just goes to show you how different formulations of the same product (with slight variations for color or scent) can make a dramatic different 

I'm about halfway between colorings, which gives me a couple weeks to come up with a new action plan for covering all the gray and white that's sprouted out of my scalp. I could choose another, less toxic shade. Or I may look into a whole different product that doesn't suck up so much of a day. Of course I will let you know what I choose next, with what I promise will be better research and more due diligence.

Disappointed,
Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!