Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SMACK! Reviews: everyone face makeup removing towelettes


I bought these wipes a hundred years ago during a wee shopping spree at my local Whole Foods. At the time, I was in the market for three specific items: henna-based hair color, moisturizer with SPF, and lastly, something by way of eye makeup remover. You can read the original post here.

I've already reviewed the hair color (check it here) and am just about due for a touchup. Even though I formed a pretty strong opinion about the wipes just about right away, I've been slow to get it into a post. Here ya go.

everyone 'face for every day' makeup removing towelettes come in a package of 30. The retail price on the EO website is $6.99 (maybe I paid $5.99?). Clean skin comes at a price, apparently! The package states "Our gently cleansing towelettes naturally remove make-up, dirt & oil, leaving your skin refreshed and radiant. Alcohol-Free, Oil-Free, & Fragrance-Free." 

So far, so good. Ingredients include a lot of fruit and flower extracts (the fancy term here is botanicals, with your pinky extended just so) and only a couple things that sound like something out a lab. The wipes are made in Marin County, Calif., which appeals to my 'made in USA' vibe.

Great! Except for one thing. They don't work. I mean, they feel nice and the scent isn't bad (since most fragrance is used to actually mask the bad scent of other ingredients) but my eye makeup isn't going anywhere. 

Now, I'm not wearing MAC heavy-duty or Urban Decay 24/7. I don't even buy waterproof mascara, for the very reason that I want it to be easy to remove. And these wipes can't do it!

SO disappointing. And annoying, since it meant a repeat trip to the store to find something that could take off my now day-old raccoon eyes. Lookin' good, Jazzy, lookin' REAL gooood.

I hate wasting things (SUPER cheap b*tch), so I'm holding on to the wipes and using them for quickie refreshing after exercise or yardwork (which is to say I'm not using them because I don't do either of those things bahahaha). But truthfully, they are not worthwhile, at the price point that Whole Foods has set, for even that.

SMACK! grade:  C-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!