Thursday, July 25, 2013

Arbonne, n'est pas si bonne

There I am, trying to throw down some French again. 

I recently went to my first Arbonne party. Y'all ever done that? It's a hard sell. A lot of verbiage about botanicals, natural, high quality, restorative blah blah blah. And THEN you get the pitch to become a sales consultant. I am a cynical b*tch, and thank goodness! for it saved me a butt load of money that night.

My brush with Arbonne seemed to tap into some righteous indignation (yesterday's post, read it here) over the whatever attitude that everyone -- cosmetic companies, government agencies, consumers -- has about chemical exposure.

According to safecosmetics.org, Arbonne and her cousins Mary Kay and Avon wouldn't participate in the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. Read about it here. Huh. Funny thing, since natural ingredients (and the inference that the products are thereby more effective, safer, better so fork over your moolah) are at the center of most of the Arbonne pitch.

So which is it, Arbonne? You good, or not? None of their products are listed in the Skin Deep database. Sick of seeing that link yet? Hahaha. I find the exclusion just a little suspect, since many brands have even just one or two products listed.

I ended up buying a couple things, if for no other reason than to scrutinize their packaging a little more. I'll let you know what I find out.

Skeptically yours,
Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!