Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How do you say 'awesome' in French?


I'm in the market for a housewarming gift for some friends, which made me think about a housewarming gift that we received after we bought our house. One of my husband's groomsmen got us a set of these glasses that are nearly indestructible, from Duralex. They're made in France, in cafe-inspired classic shapes and sizes and they rock!! I love them so much that I snatched up an extra set that I saw on One King's Lane last year. 




Picardie tumblers by Duralex

Fast forward a bunch of months and I'm having breakfast with a couple friends and I remark to my hostess that she has what appear to be miniature versions of the same glassware I have. Mais bien sur, she says (well, not really, but how cool would that have been, to break out in spontaneous French?), that's the tableware I bought for my kids.

Wha??? Duralex makes kids' stuff, too? C'est magnifique!
How stinkin' cute are these!!

Her daughter has many, many allergies and sensitivities. She wanted to reduce their exposure to plastic, and found the tableware lines at Duralex for Kids as a great solution.You may remember that I have a problem with itty bitty things...my problem being that I freaking love them!! 

Duralex for Kids is no exception. Cute little glasses, matching lunch plates and cereal bowls, OMG it's too much. I might have to plan a picnic.

So go, GO, buy some Duralex for you and yours. Ditch some of the plastic in your kitchen. And then serve some fancy French food to go with.

A bientot,
-- Jazzy