Friday, June 14, 2013

This one's for the Dads

It's Father's Day this weekend. I had surgery yesterday but didn't have the foresight to buy my husband anything beforehand. So, I will have to either save the heavy-duty painkillers for this evening so I can drag myself out of the house or ask him to drive me somewhere. 

I was perusing the Campaign for Safer Cosmetics earlier and saw their take on men's products (click here for their fact sheet). It's no surprise that men's personal care products (I suppose I can't call them beauty products, now can I?) are just as chemically-laden as those marketed to women. So, if you weren't planning to already, definitely skip over the popular drugstore shaving gift sets. Most assuredly NOT the best a man can get.

That cliche necktie's looking better and better, isn't it?

If you want to pamper your man this weekend (or any other time of the year), check out EWG's Skin Deep database to see how his fave products rank and to find some newer, safer items he could enjoy. Unlike that necktie, healthy will never go out of style!

Happy Friday,
-- Jazzy