Monday, June 24, 2013

Diving in head first


We've got the first weekend of summer under our belts. What did you do to mark the season? We went away for the weekend, to the mountains, an idyllic retreat set on a pristine, beautiful lake. So naturally I got a bunch of mosquito bites, including one on my lower eyelid. Super attractive, to have a swollen eyelid. Thankfully the swelling went down after a few hours.


I also got schooled in an abject lesson on humidity by my ever-curlier hair. That's right, CURLIER. Not wavier, curlier. Doesn't help that I left all my new favorite hair products at home.


I still haven't done anything to update the color of my hair, so chicken am I to try to the new henna color I bought a couple weeks back. I have it on the desk in front of me right now, trying to stare it down and work up the nerve to actually do it. I think today's the day.


In other news, I hit a new record number of page views last week, woo-hoo! Big thanks to all you readers. My weekend adventures in the woods also offer a good segue to covering insect repellents here on SMACK! so definitely look for a post this week.


Yours in air conditioning,

Jazzy