Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SMACK! Reviews: Neutrogena Eye Liner

Who's cuter than Emma Stone? I mean, really, what's not to like about her? Great career, fresh style, sassy fun persona. Plus she champions breast cancer awareness on behalf of her mother, who was diagnosed in 2008.

So when I saw pictures of Emma sporting the dark liner/bright lip look a while back, I knew it was something I wanted to try. Can you believe that I had never previously owned black eye liner? Seriously, Jazzy, you are SUCH a chicken sh*t. 

Ready to try a new look but not willing to buy something crazy toxic...we all know where this is heading...EWG to the rescue! I know, I know, you're already sick of me mentioning the Skin Deep database. TOO. BAD. 

I was in Sephora, poised to drop good cash on a 'prestige brand' for some new eyeliner. But wait! What's there, among obscure natural cosmetic brands that I'd never find in a mall store, what's that I see with just a rating of 2? Why, why it's...




Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner


I grabbed the Cosmic Black. Seven bucks at Target. Creamy and smooth. Dual-ended with a built-in smudger AND mini sharpener. I love mini things!! Look! It's so tiny and cute!


The dual-ended smudger/mini sharpener. OMG!


My favorite part of this liner is that it stays where I put it, but comes off when I want it to. No crazy raccoon eyes. Just a clean, fresh look over neutral shadow and classic black mascara. Love it.

Value, quality, packaging, convenience -- all my favorite things rolled into one great little product. Easy A, just like Emma Stone's breakout movie.

SMACK! Grade: A