Monday, December 2, 2013

Back to it

How was your Thanksgiving holiday? We had a really nice day, great company, delicious food. I avoided retail as best I could, running out only for toilet paper and a last-minute gift for the in-laws. 

It was a slow weekend. Did you watch Toxic Hot Seat? Let me know your thoughts. Me, I'm squashing the urge to ditch all the toxic comforts of modern living. Seriously, if I could find a cave somewhere that had wi-fi, I'd be all over it.

I did find this great piece over at HuffPo Canada, dispelling some of the shadier claims about 'natural' bath and personal care products marketed to babies and children. My favorite are the ones that boast "98% natural ingredients." Great, really. But it's the other 2% that I'm concerned about. The ingredients that AREN'T naturally derived (and even the ones that are can be suspect). 

Read the piece, share it on your Twitter or FB feed, spread the word to your friends that they need to PAY ATTENTION to labels, marketing claims and ingredients. It's basically meaningless to call something 'natural' or even 'organic' since many natural compounds can be harmful in their own ways. And, to quote the esteemed Alistair Moody, "Stay vigilant!"

Happy Monday,
-- Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!