Thursday, December 26, 2013

SMACK! Review: Zoya nail lacquer (part 2)

I'm nearly a week out from my pedicure with Zoya nail polish in the 'Sarah' shade. The original post with the first half of the review is here.

So how's it hanging? Pretty good if you ask me! The polish still looks glossy and fresh. I was really happy with how it's been wearing, so I decided to give myself a little Christmas mani with the lighter 'Erikka' shade. And what did I learn?

That I should leave the manicuring to the professionals. Really.

About the polish, the 'Erikka' shade is a shimmery pink with a touch of gold for warmth. Not as sheer as the jar color would have you think, though. So two coats -- albeit by my unsteady and unskilled hand -- look a bit like cotton candy that's just been sprayed with pixie dust. Not a bad color, just not really what I normally go for in the ballet pink color family.

It's also really dull. Like, not shiny. Not matte, but not glossy. Now granted, I used neither a base coat or top coat (see what I mean about leaving the nail painting to the professionals? I'm a hack). But still, doesn't non-matte nail lacquer always have that glossy fresh finish?

It could be the fact that Zoya is five-free. It could be the shade. It could be that I'm a loser who skips base coat and top coat and then complains about her nail polish looking crappy. Smooth move, Jazzy.

At the end of the day, my fingernails are jacked but my toenails still look great. My next assignment will be to try it with the right clear coat and also try another brand of five-free polish to see how they compare. In the meantime, don't take me up on any offers to paint your nails. You'll get what you pay for.

Best,
Jazzy

PS -- The Erikka shade isn't listed on the Zoya website...old color??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!