Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Survivor's guilt

Late showing today, folks. My day began with news that hits a little too close to home. The death of a former high school classmate who spent the last few years of her too-short life aggressively fighting cancer. I am sad, angry and guilty. Shaking a little as I realize how much devastation I managed to avoid -- for reasons I'll never know or understand -- in my own tangle with the disease.

It's just not fair. So not fair that a young woman, seemingly in her prime, celebrating the birth of gorgeous, healthy twins, is struck down by something so insidious, destructive. So much life and love stolen away.

I do have another post in the queue, a relevant seasonal piece, that will definitely go up today but probably not until much later, not until I can shake some of the guilt that's dancing through my head well enough to form coherent thoughts.

Until then, hug someone you love, real tight.
--Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!