Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Trick or Treat

Halloween already seems like ages ago, doesn't it? Did you dress up? I will say that I did not, since popping on a light-up devil headband for passing out candy doesn't really count. But last year, a couple rounds into chemo, hubs dragged me out of the house to a friend's annual bash, and we dressed up as...each other. It was a riot. I was already bald at that point, so I only had to put on one of his fave hats and ratty sweatshirt and his work ID and was good to go. His getup was a little more effort, what with wearing my wig and a pair of my capris and enduring the added torture of being accessorized. But he was such a good sport and we had a well-deserved, much-needed, long-overdue laugh with our friends about the whole thing.

I threw around the idea of posting something about the toxic hazards of face paint and Halloween makeup, but didn't get any research done and last week was a fiasco and it seemed really party-pooper to sh*t on a fun holiday like Halloween. Then I saw a segment aired last week on the Today Show about artificial dyes in candy and didn't feel so bad. 

(the embed video feature was being a jerk, so click on the photo for the link)




Whether or not you agree with this mom, there is no denying that artificial dyes have no place in our food or our bodies. Seriously, Skittles? Now I just wonder if she knows to lay off the blusher. Yours in holiday Grinchy-ness, Jazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at SMACK! we value decorum nearly as much as chemical-free living. Thanks in advance for keeping your comments clean and civilized!