Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Welcome to SMACK!


My very first blog post. Woo-hoo!! The concept behind SMACK! has been brewing for a while; I’m so excited to see it take shape and get off the ground!! That being said, I also appreciate your patience and guidance as we work out the kinks. A blog is nothing without its readership, after all. We will learn and grow together!

What is SMACK!? Simply put, it’s a slap in the face. That’s what I got when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Some cancers are hereditary; mine wasn’t. So what environmental factors played a role in my cancer’s development? Don’t know. But I do know that during my treatment and recovery I slowly took stock of the chemicals, toxins, and junk that I was putting into and onto my body. Then I made a conscious decision to, whenever it made sense, make smarter, better choices about not just the food I eat, but the products I use for home, health and beauty.

SMACK! aims to share information with readers so that you, too, can be smarter consumers. Because the idea of laying down hard-earned cash for products that do nothing but poison you...um, NO. 

It won’t be all rainbows and unicorns; as the information sinks in and we change our buying habits, we may have to break up with some of our favorite products and brands. <Sigh> We’ll also look at news and research, share stories and ideas and even do some product reviews. For now, thanks so much for joining us. It’s going to be a trip!

Yours in clean(er) living,
Jazzy