Thursday, May 30, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Two funerals and a holiday weekend...I feel like I ought to have a phone surgically attached to my head, for all the time I've spent on the phone. Hence the lack of posts last week.

How was your Memorial Day? Such a great way to usher in summer, unless it's freezing and sleeting like it was where we spent the weekend. I saw snow, real snow!

Does anyone still follow that 'rule' about not wearing white pants before Memorial Day? I definitely broke it this year when I picked up a pair of Lucky cropped white jeans last month. I Love Them!! and have already worn them a ton. They had to stay home for the weekend, though, so that I had space to pack my boots and winter jacket (no joke).

I definitely didn't need any sunscreen over the holiday, but plenty of you did. Have you checked out EWG's 2013 Sunscreen Guide? It came out just in time for the holiday. This year's big recommendations: avoid spray sunscreens as well as products containing oxybenzone.

Nearly 200 sunscreens meet EWG's stringent criteria for safe and effective products. I invested in Coppertone Sensitive Skin sunscreen and a Bullfrog sunscreen. I say investment because at nearly $10 a bottle, these sunscreens ain't cheap. But, the $40-50 I will spend over the course of the season seems like a reasonable price to pay for keeping my skin safe.

My next investment: moisturizer with SPF. I'll let you know what I choose, and of course will do a review!

Happy Thursday,
Jazzy